JOB PURPOSE/ SUMMARY:
To enhance and manipulate sounds to achieve the desired result. The Sound Engineer will be focused on designing sound and audio content for our games and prototypes, with creative guidance and insight from product and design leads.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Record, edit and mix audio tracks (instruments, vocals, etc.)
- Enhance the sound quality and add sound effects to recordings
- Minimizing unwanted sounds
- Regulating volume levels and sound quality
- Deliver exceptional audio performance to the end-users
- Work with video editors to synchronize video with audio tracks
- Create and maintain sound libraries
- Design and implement a world-class audio experience within new and upcoming games.
- Use a DAW to edit, name and organize sound files (e.g., sound effects, speech, music)
- Actively drive onsite sound recording sessions: sound effects, foley, ambiance, etc.
- Testing and quality control of in-game audio assets.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering or any related field.
Minimum 3 years of experience preferably in mobile gaming/ e-commerce companies.
- Time management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude, flexibility, and aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Arabic
- Experience directing voice talent
- Strong technical proficiency