JOB PURPOSE/ SUMMARY
Someone who can create visual images of ideas for use in our production cycles. He/she will work with other art members to ensure that the right visual style is reflected in each part of the project.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Being part of the concept team entails ideating w/ sketches, to creating awesome environmental designs, character designs, prop designs, storyboards, 2d graphic art, etc..
- Ensure artwork follows the agreed project style.
- Work collaboratively with other artists, and those involved in management and marketing.
- Take on board and implement feedback from the Art Director by making appropriate changes to the artwork you've produced.
- Report progress to your manager/lead artist on a regular basis.
- Keep your skillset up to date and learn about new software as and when required.
- A keen eye and art sensibilities will be key in creating artwork that inspires and informs the team.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, computer art, illustration, animation or any related field.
Minimum 2 years of experience preferably in concept art preferably in mobile gaming/ e-commerce companies.
- Excellent Drawing Skills.
- Great Understanding of Perspective and depth.
- The ability to catre to more than one style of drawing.
- Good communication and team working skills, to be able to liaise effectively with other game artists and members of the wider team
- Strong organizational and time management skills to enable you to work to deadlines and complete tasks efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure work is completed to a high standard and in line with the desired style
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Arabic
- The knowledge and technical ability to effectively use computer software packages and tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Spine.
- A strong understanding of color theory.
- Desire to keep building your skill set and to learn how to use new software packages as they come onto the market.
- A knowledge of, and passion for, games and the games industry.