JOB PURPOSE/ SUMMARY
Responsible for the upkeep and development of warehouse data to support our business decision
making. Build and maintain a data warehouse design to generate reports on financial and market
intelligence to aid in business performance monitoring and business decision making.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Translating business needs into technical specifications.
- Solve business problems and provide answers to business questions
- Set up, configure, maintain, secure, and tune SQL instances
- Create and update SQL queries as needed
- Design, maintain, and secure SQL databases and other SQL standard tools
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement database backup strategies
- Assist colleagues with query optimization, report generation, and database support
- Monitor databases and troubleshoot performance issues
- Provide feedback on capacity planning, future plans, and database-related trends
- Stay aware of developments in database technologies and explore alternatives
- Plan regular upgrades and migrations of databases
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or any related field.
2-4 years’ experience preferably in mobile gaming companies.
- Creative and proactive
- Analytical skills
- Time management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude, flexibility and aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Arabic
- Understand the user behavior
- Understanding the appropriate statistical techniques to use in different circumstances
- Strong knowledge in SQL and dealing with complex data sets.
- Experience doing quantitative analysis or similar (manipulation and analysis of large data sets)
- Experience in business intelligence or quantitative analysis using BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Firebase, Google Analytics and Periscope.
- Strong knowledge in SQL standard tools such as Big Query, Snowflake, PostgresSQL Database and MySQL Database.
- A solid quantitative background (mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc…) is strongly preferred