JOB PURPOSE/ SUMMARY:
The Game Developer is a recognized expert in their field who can help our team create games. Have a wealth of knowledge about Game Engines (UE4 or Unity), and can apply this knowledge to develop or build tools helping our Art Team and the production of video games.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Taking Ideas from the Creative Director and the team and discussing game concepts and producing prototypes of gameplay ideas.
- Working on different game modules.
- Work closely with the Technical Art Director to create tools for the Art Team to speed up the production.
- Working with the Technical Art Director on research and development of new technologies that are being used to develop the games, and help with creating level editors.
- Work with artists and other team members to determine optimal formats, scales, pipeline improvements, and other elements for asset export to the game engine.
- Implementing and maintaining new/existing game mechanics.
- Debug problems, make builds, and help ship great, successful products!
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field.
Entry Level to Professional Game Development experience.
- Fast Prototyping skills.
- Worked on games in the past.
- Time management.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to talk to artists, and leaders equally.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Knowledge in Game Development.
- Focused interest in developing and integrating tools into a production pipeline.
- Well-versed in best practices, production pipelines, and workflows
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in C++ and Unreal Engine and its BluePrint system or Unity’s C#.
- Shipped Mobile game titles (not required but a plus).
- Games are your life: you work on them and relax with them.