JOB PURPOSE/ SUMMARY
Responsible for testing all features, functionality, and localization of assigned games. This includes performing daily cycles/smoke tests and user acceptance tests, documenting any game bugs, analyzing and reviewing discrepancies, and verifying fixes are implemented.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Track bug life cycle workflows: testing, initiating, reviewing, investigating, updating, and confirming resolution of issues identified.
- Create test cases based on identified bugs.
- Perform focused creative testing on gameplay-related issues and identify game bugs.
- Report game bugs, including complete steps, identification of root cause, and expected results into appropriate bug tracking software (test cases).
- Contribute constructive gameplay feedback on current and/or new features.
- Work closely with the developers to ensure that bugs are fixed based on test case results in order to maintain quality and accuracy.
- Identify the non-show stopper bugs from the severe ones.
- Identify weaknesses in game design.
- Monitor and play competitors’ games on a regular basis.
- Breakdown competitor games’ features that will have a positive impact on our games.
- Evaluate and test potential games to be published.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, IT, or a related field
2-3 years of experience preferably in online or mobile gaming companies
- Team player
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude, flexibility, and aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English & Arabic
- Understanding of test processes
- Deep knowledge of games.
- Deep knowledge of the execution of manual test cases and ad-hoc testing
- Familiarity with bug tracking tools and processes.
- Knowledge of free-to-play games.
- Deep understanding of Babil games
- Knowledgeable in technology